Volunteer opportunity with
Palliative Manitoba is a registered charity focused on easing the suffering of the dying and the bereaved. Palliative Manitoba provides programs, education, and information to lessen the stress at end-of-life. To learn more, please see www.palliativemanitoba.ca.
We are searching for individuals who may be interested in volunteering on our board of directors. The Palliative Manitoba Board is responsible for the governance of the organization.
Palliative Manitoba knows the importance of building a strong team, including its board of directors, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages, and perspectives drive a high standard of service. Palliative Manitoba supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities). We welcome and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to express their interest in becoming a board member.
Specifically, the Board is responsible for:
- Working with the Executive Director to develop a strategic plan for the organization
- Overseeing the Executive Director, including hiring, termination, performance evaluations and overall suitability for the management of the organization
- Ensuring that the organization is carrying out its mission
- Monitoring the organization’s financial health
- Providing professional assistance as required by the organization, determined by Board decision, or Executive Director request
- Supporting Palliative Manitoba events (For e.g., Palliative Care Conference, Celebrate Life Breakfast and Hike for Hospice)
- Paying the annual membership fee of $50 (Palliative Manitoba is an association and all board of directors must be members)
We need board members who have the following experience:
- Accounting/Finance and
- Human Resources
If you are interested in learning more, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-889-8525 ext. 222
President of the Board of Directors
Expressions of interest will be accepted until April 15, 2023