Please note: Application for volunteering is currently closed. Please check back later for new opportunities.
Palliative Manitoba is fortunate to have worked with hundreds of dedicated volunteers since 1987. The success of our programs relies heavily on our volunteers – people who are committed to offering their time in support of the dying and bereaved in our community.
Individuals must meet several requirements to volunteer with Palliative Manitoba:
- Pass a screening interview
- Complete a 10-week Compassionate Care Course
- Provide a current Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Permit us to run Child and Adult Abuse Registry Checks on their behalf
- Complete Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) training
- Complete Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) training
- Commit to volunteering 1-4 hours per week for a minimum of 1 year
Individuals wishing to volunteer with Palliative Manitoba should apply below:
Or you can download, print and complete the application manually
- Application Form (temporarily unavailable)
Depending on when we receive an application, it can take up to 9 months before a volunteer has met all requirements and is ready to be matched in the community.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
Other volunteer opportunities include: administrative work, event and campaign committees, professional services such as marketing or graphic design, and grassroots advocacy to change the conversation about palliative care, death & bereavement.
If you have any questions, please contact our office to speak with a Volunteer Services Coordinator, 204-889-8525.