Palliative Manitoba is fortunate to have worked with hundreds of dedicated volunteers since 1987. The success of our programs relies heavily on our volunteers – people who are committed to offering their time in support of the dying and bereaved in our community.
Individuals must meet several requirements to volunteer with Palliative Manitoba:
- Pass a screening interview
- Complete a 10-week Compassionate Care Course
- Provide a current Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Permit us to run Child and Adult Abuse Registry Checks on their behalf
- Complete Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) training
- Complete Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) training
- Commit to volunteering 1-4 hours per week for a minimum of 1 year
Individuals wishing to volunteer with Palliative Manitoba should apply below:
Or you can download, print and complete the application manually
Depending on when we receive an application, it can take up to 9 months before a volunteer has met all requirements and is ready to be matched in the community.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
Other volunteer opportunities include: administrative work, event and campaign committees, professional services such as marketing or graphic design, and grassroots advocacy to change the conversation about palliative care, death & bereavement.
If you have any questions, please contact our office to speak with a Volunteer Services Coordinator, 204-889-8525.