27th Annual Provincial Palliative Care Conference
Theme: Keep it Simple
September 13 & 14, 2018
Victoria Inn Hotel and Convention Centre
Palliative Manitoba is now accepting Abstracts for the 2018 Annual Provincial Palliative Care Conference.
Deadline for abstract : Thursday, February 15, 2018.
Abstracts can be submitted by clicking here
The theme for the 2018 Provincial Palliative Care Conference is ‘Keep it Simple’. The goal is to promote conversations and provide interactive sessions that clarify the philosophy of a palliative approach to care and service provision. Delegates will have an opportunity to explore their own and others’ perceptions of palliative care, while enhancing their ability to provide quality care to individuals and their families who are facing life-limiting illnesses and bereavement.
We are thrilled to announce our 3 keynote speakers:
- Andre Picard – Award winning national health writer and columnist for the Globe and Mail. Learn more here
- Bernard LaPointe
- Susan McClement
About the Conference
Palliative Manitoba hosts an Annual Provincial Palliative Care Conference each September. It’s one of the largest palliative care conferences in Canada with over 400 delegates from medical professions to the general public; this accredited conference attracts a high calibre of speakers and offers attendees a rich syllabus of presentations and workshops covering many aspects of hospice palliative care.
During and following the conference, delegates will:
- acquire new knowledge and skills in the field of palliative care.
- improve their ability to deliver palliative care.
- build and develop relationships with palliative care practitioners.
- discuss challenging end-of-life issues and questions.
- evaluate the integration of palliative care throughout the health care system to meet end-of-life needs of individuals and families.
Continuing Education Credits:
There are many educational opportunities offered at the conference, which are pending certification by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Manitoba office for up to 9.00 Group Learning Credits and designation as an accredited learning activity by the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba for Pharmacists in Manitoba for up to 9.00 CEU.