27th Annual Provincial Palliative Care Conference
Keep it Simple
September 13 & 14, 2018
Victoria Inn Hotel and Convention Centre
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
The theme for the 2018 Provincial Palliative Care Conference is ‘Keep it Simple’. The goal is to promote conversations and provide interactive sessions that clarify the philosophy of a palliative approach to care and service provision. Delegates will have an opportunity to explore their own and others’ perceptions of palliative care, while enhancing their ability to provide quality care to individuals and their families who are facing life-limiting illnesses and bereavement.
2018 Keynote Speakers
- Andre Picard – Award winning national health writer and columnist for the Globe and Mail. Learn more here
- Dr. Bernard LaPointe
- Dr. Susan McClement
- Dr. Mike Harlos
About the Conference
Palliative Manitoba hosts an Annual Provincial Palliative Care Conference each September. It’s one of the largest palliative care conferences in Canada with over 400 delegates from medical professions to the general public; this accredited conference attracts a high calibre of speakers and offers attendees a rich syllabus of presentations and workshops covering many aspects of hospice palliative care.
- Advance the knowledge and skills of individuals working in the field of palliative care
- Advance the delivery of palliative care in Manitoba by advocating for increased awareness, navigation of systems, and utilization of available services
- Provide a networking opportunity for people interested in the field of palliative care
- Provide an opportunity for informal caregivers to learn more about palliative care
Continuing Education Credits:
There are many educational opportunities offered at the conference, which are pending certification by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Manitoba office for up to 9.00 Group Learning Credits and designation as an accredited learning activity by the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba for Pharmacists in Manitoba for up to 9.00 CEU.